In the past one month now, we have received a lot of questions as to when the 2018 Edition of CowbellPedia will start. Today we are glad to announce to both parents, teachers, students and guardians, that the long awaited 2018 edition of CowbellPedia is out and interested people can now rush and register for the competition.
CowbellPedia is a Mathematics competition for students in Secondary Schools in Nigeria. Since 20 years ago, Cowbell has been the official sponsors of this competition and here we are. The objectives have remained the same over these years, as we believe in the total development of the Nigerian Child.
The competition is geared towards nourishing the dreams of Nigerian children by providing a platform that recognizes and rewards excellence in Mathematics in addition to the quality nutrition that is provided by the Cowbell brand for the nourishment of the Nigerian populace especially children.
The key objectives of the competition are to;
- To awaken the consciousness and interest in mathematics among Junior and Senior secondary school students in Nigeria.
- To improve students’ performance in Mathematics Pan Nigeria.
- Also, to create a credible platform for identifying outstanding students and encouraging excellence in Mathematics.
- To provide a creditable platform that will reward excellence in the subject area of Mathematics.
- Stage 1: Qualifying Written Examination
- Stage 2: TV Quiz Show
How To Register For 2018 Edition Of CowbellPedia
- Go to www.cowbellpedia.ng
- Click on link to register your school
- Fill the form and submit. Ensure to fill all required fields.
- An email will be sent to the School and Primary contact email addresses provided when filling the form.
- Use the link in the email received to verify the email addresses. The school email address must be verified before you can login.
- Once school email is verified, login to the portal using the school email and password used to register.
- On successful login, you click on the Add Candidates under Candidate Management.
- Fill in the candidate’s information on the form, upload the candidate’s picture and click the Save Draft button.
- You will need to save draft information for 5 candidates before you can submit their registration. If you school is a mixed school, at least 2 of the candidates must be female or you won’t be able to complete the registration.
- After creating the draft registration for 5 candidates in a category (junior/senior), highlight each candidate created by clicking it one after the other. button will be shown on the page to “Register junior/senior candidates”.
- After highlighting each of the 5 candidate, a button will be shown on the page to “Register junior/senior candidates”. Click the button to complete the registration of candidates for that category.
- A confirmation slip will be generated for you to download and will also be mailed to the School, candidate and parent/guardian email address.
- Print this confirmation slip and have it stamped and signed by the school principal.
- The confirmation slip will be required for admitting candidates at the examination venue.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Stage 1 (Qualifying Written Examination) will hold in all states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on Saturday, February 17th, 2018 at 10:00am. However, accreditation of all candidates begins at 8:00am.
The stage 2 is the final stage of the competition. The Stage Final examination is in TV Quiz format and is into stages: Preliminary, Semi-Final and Finals.
Application Closing Date
The 2018 edition of CowbellPedia will end on Sunday, 11th February, 2018. All applications must be submitted on or before this date. All other applications after this date will not be null and void.
NOTE: You are advised to check their results online at www.cowbellpedia.ng as from Friday, June 1st, 2018.
To clear doubts on people minds and for some other reasons, below is the run-down of the major prizes to be won in this competition;
- 1st Prize: =N=2,000,000 for each of the category
- 2nd Prize: =N=1,500,000 for each of the category
- 3rd Prize: =N=1,000,000 for each of the category
- 1st Prize: =N=500,000 for each of the category
- 2nd Prize: =N=400,000 for each of the category
- 3rd Prize: =N=300,000 for each of the category
- Computers and Printers for winning schools
I hope this was helpful? Meanwhile, you are feel free to request that we update you with more information of CowbellPedia, 2018 edition. Kindly, drop your email address and phone number in the box below. Also feel free to share this article with others using the social buttons below.