7 Simple Steps On How To Use An ATM Machine – Using an ATM machine is not as difficult as most people think it. You do think that you can’t operate the machine? No! You can! The steps involved in operating an ATM machine may be rigorous but at the same time they are simple to follow.
In addition, the ATM machine has a screen that directs users on the steps to follow in order to perform any transaction of their choice on the machine. In this article, we are going to show you how to use an ATM machine to perform any transaction at all.
Activities you can perform with an ATM machine ranges from;
- Cash withdrawal or deposit
- Transfer of funds
- Change your ATM PIN
- Check your account balance, to
- Generate a token code etc
Simple Steps On How To Use An ATM Machine
Virtually all the steps to use an ATM machine is shown on the screen of the machine. For the purpose of this article, we are going to see how to withdraw or deposit fund to an ATM machine. And how to transfer funds using an ATM. The steps to do these are simple. All you need is to follow the steps in this article closely and carefully.
How To Withdraw Money From An ATM
- Insert your card into the ATM machine through the card opening there
- Wait for the machine to process your card info and prompt you to enter your ATM PIN. Your ATM card PIN is at least a four digit number that is secured and private to you
- Enter the PIN into the space provided there and tap “Enter” or “Continue”. There is an enter key on the machine’s keyboard. The continue button is at the side of the screen for some ATM machines
- Select the “Cash Withdrawal” from the options that appears on the screen. Simply tap on the option from the screen (if machine is screen touch) or click on the button beside the “Cash Withdrawal” option
- Then, select the amount you want to withdraw from the options on the screen. Some ATM machines pays in multiples of N1000 while some pay in multiples N500. If the amount you want to withdraw is not on the screen, tap on the “Other Amount” option and enter the amount you wish to withdraw. NOTE: Most ATMs in Nigeria do not pay above N40,000 at once
- Then, select continue from the next option that appears on the screen.
- Wait for your cash to be dispensed. Collect your money and tap on “No” from the question that appears on the screen whether you want to perform another transaction. Or tap on “Cancel” from the machine’s keyboard. That’s all!
How To Deposit Money Into An ATM
- Insert your card as appropriate to the machine (Credit or debit) and enter your PIN
- Choose the on-screen option for deposits and choose the account you want to deposit to
- Then, enter the amount of your deposit if necessary. Some ATMs can figure out how much you’re depositing by reading from the check or counting bills – they won’t ask for an amount
- Afterwards, insert the envelope, checks, or cash into the ATM. Even if an ATM does not use envelopes, you may be able to insert multiple items at once (follow the on-screen instructions to see if you need to insert them one-by-one). Some machines allow you to insert a stack of 30 to 50 items.
- Confirm that the deposit was completed correctly. Review the amount of the deposit, and, if possible, make any corrections.
- Get a receipt, preferably with images of each check you deposited on the receipt
- Cancel your session and remove your card form the machine and that’s all!
How To Transfer Funds Using An ATM
- Insert your card linked to the account you wish to transfer money from
- Enter your PIN and continue
- Select “Fund Transfer” from the on-screen options that appears next
- Select the bank you are transferring fund to and enter the name and account number of the recipient. Please confirm that you enter every details correctly here before proceeding
- Follow the onscreen instructions that appears on the screen to complete your transaction
- Then, tap on “Continue” or “Next” (depending on the machine) to send the fund
- Print the receipt or the transaction and eject your card from the machine
RECOMMENDED: Download Zenith Bank Mobile App
I hope this was helpful? In case you have any issue doing any of the things above, let’s know using the box below. Also feel free to help a friend today by sharing this article with them using the social buttons below.