Hi friends! Are you done with Twitter and you are looking for how to delete your account from the social media. Here are simple tips that will help you achieve that in a couple of minutes. In this article, we are going to be showing 7 easy and simple steps on how to delete a Twitter account.
Just like some other social network, when you delete a Twitter account, it will require a period of 30 days to remove your account permanently from the network. Therefore, your account will first be deactivated for some time and then, subsequently deleted. Deactivation puts your account in a queue for permanent deletion from Twitter.
Note: Deactivation is not available on mobile devices and must be done by accessing twitter.com on the web.
Meanwhile, before you go ahead to delete your Twitter account, you should note the following;
What Happens When You Delete A Twitter Account
- We only retain your user data for 30 days from the date of deactivation, after which we begin the process of deleting your account from our systems, which can take up to a week.
- You may reactivate your account at any time during these 30 days by logging in.
- You do not need to deactivate your account to change your username or email address; you can change it at any time in your account settings.
- To use a username or email address on another account, you must first change them and then confirm the change prior to deactivation. See the below section on how to make your username or email address available for re-use before deactivating your account.
- We do not control content indexed by search engines like Google or Bing.
- After deactivation, your account should be removed within a few minutes, however some content may be viewable on twitter.com for a few days.
Now you know what will happen when you delete a Twitter account, if you wish to continue with the deletion process, follow the steps below;
How To Delete A Twitter Account
- Login to your Twitter that you want to delete through www.twitter.com. NOTE: You must login through a web browser as you cannot delete accounts from a mobile device or app
- Then, go to the “Account Settings” options from the homepage. Simply click on your profile image at the top right corner of the screen, then, select it from the drop-down menu that appears next. Or click here if you like
- Next, scroll down the page to “Deactivate my Account” and tap on it to continue
- Read the information on the next screen to be sure of what you want to do. Then, tap on the “Deactivate” button below the page if you wish to continue with the deletion
- Finally, enter your account password if prompted and verify you want to deactivate your account which will be subsequently deleted after 30 days. That’s all!
Where you able to successfully delete your account following the steps above? In case you want to create another Twitter account, go to this page and get it done in 5 minutes.
Feel free to leave us a comment in the box below and our team will get back to you within 24 hours. Also feel free to share this article with others using the social buttons below.